Sponsoring a Damon Runyon award recipient is an opportunity to make a direct investment in innovative research and help launch the career of a promising young scientist. You may select a scientist based on their location, institution, research focus or type of cancer they study. You will receive regular updates about the scientist’s work and have the opportunity to visit their laboratory and learn first-hand about their research. The scientist’s award may be named in recognition of your donation. The impact of Sponsored Awards are felt far beyond their tenure – by the scientists themselves and by all of us who will benefit from their achievements.
Award programs you can choose from:
- Damon Runyon Fellowship Award or Damon Runyon-Sohn Pediatric Cancer Fellowship Award $231,000 over four years
- Damon Runyon-Dale F. Frey Breakthrough Scientist Award $100,000 per year
- Damon Runyon-Rachleff Innovation Award $300,000 over 2 years + possible continuation of $300,000 over 2 additional years
- Damon Runyon Clinical Investigator Award $450,000 over 3 years + possible continuation of $300,000 over 2 additional years
- Damon Runyon Physician -Scientist Training Award $460,000 over 4 years
For donors interested in making endowment gifts that can have a long-term, transformational impact on our programs, we have a variety of philanthropic opportunities for you to endow specific awards or award programs.